Now in the wiki: A new document "Extras/HelpWanted"

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Dec 2 14:39:29 UTC 2006

Hi All!

Just FYI, I created a new section in the wiki at
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/HelpWanted

The names says it nearly all: The page is meant to list topics where
help from other contributors or interested folks/parties is wanted to
improve something in Fedora Extras-land.

Why that? Well, it seems most Fedora Extras contributors are focused on
packaging  -- that's a good thing as Fedora Extras is a project about
packaging ;-) But we also need to keep the framework around the packages
running; and not only that, we also need to improve it over time as
Extras grows and covers new areas. A lot of work to do this can be done
 by interested folks that don't even know how a rpm spec file looks
like. But we have no real entry point into the project for those people.
This page is meant to be one entry point in the future. Of course it
shouldn't stop any packager to pick up a task from the list ;-)

The list in the wiki contains only one item right now. I'll post the
details of it in a separate mail to this list soon and will use the tag
"RFH" (Request for Help) to mark it.

CU
thl