rpms/xl2tpd/devel xl2tpd.spec, NONE, 1.1 .cvsignore, 1.1, 1.2 sources, 1.1, 1.2

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Tue Dec 5 05:21:33 UTC 2006

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 06:00:40 +0100 (CET)
> paul at xelerance.com (Paul Wouters) wrote:

>>> I cannot see the corresponding review request from the bugzilla
>>> entry related to Paul Wouters (total 13).
>>>
>>> Unfortunately he has already rebuilt this against FE-devel,
>>> this package should be removed from FE-devel releasing queue.
>> See:
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-November/msg00542.html
>>
>> Since no one replied in over a week, I asked Tom Callaway, my sponsor,
>> how to proceed. He told me to go ahead with the migration.
>>
>> So today I added xl2tpd, and will request branches for FC-6 and FC-5.
>> Once those are build, I will mark l2tpd as a dead package.
>
> Ah... I must have missed that post on the list...
>
> You might want to look at:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines#head-581c3fb3ff1c6ef7404e8b288b59cd5280d75ad6
>
> You only have "Obsoletes: l2tpd", which is a bad idea IMHO. You should
> add a Provides for just over the current l2tpd version and only
> Obsoletes the very last l2tpd version released.
>
> Something like:
>
> Provides: l2tpd = 0.69-0.6.20051030.fc7
> Obsoletes: l2tpd <= 0.69-0.6.20051030.fc6
>
> This way if ever someone wants to revive it or some other package with
> that name comes along it would be easy to get it back in (just have the
> new package provide a newer version of l2tpd).
>
> kevin

Well, I tried to rebuild this package, and I get the following
rpmlint complaint.
E: xl2tpd tag-not-utf8 %changelog
E: xl2tpd obsolete-not-provided l2tpd
E: xl2tpd non-readable /etc/xl2tpd/l2tp-secrets 0600
E: xl2tpd non-readable /etc/ppp/chap-secrets.sample 0600
W: xl2tpd dangerous-command-in-%post mv
E: xl2tpd no-chkconfig-line /etc/rc.d/init.d/xl2tpd
E: xl2tpd tag-not-utf8 %changelog
E: xl2tpd non-utf8-spec-file xl2tpd.spec
W: xl2tpd unversioned-explicit-obsoletes l2tpd
W: xl2tpd mixed-use-of-spaces-and-tabs (spaces: line 65, tab: line 52)
E: xl2tpd-debuginfo tag-not-utf8 %changelog
I have not yet checked this, however, I think that this package
should once pass current FE review request check.

Mamoru Tasaka