Fedora Extras Package Build Report 2006-12-04

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Dec 5 12:08:37 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 11:10 +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Denis Leroy wrote :
>
> > buildsys at fedoraproject.org wrote:
> > > Packages built and released for Fedora Extras development: 27
> > >
> > >     NetworkManager-vpnc-0.7.0-0.cvs20061204.fc7
> >
> > Ok, I don't mind if people want to touch or fix my own packages, but a
> > brand new CVS snapshot and I'm not even *notified* !?
>
> * Mon Dec  4 2006 Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> - 0.7.0-0.cvs20061204
> - Allow "NAT-Keepalive packet interval" config option
>
> Maybe Dan thought this was a Core package, where things are still done
> quite differently when it comes to changing someone else's package?

Darn, sorry.  That's my fault, I half-thought I still owned the package
since I used to de-facto own it and I'm upstream for it... Sorry, won't
happen again.  :(

In spite of that faux pas on my part, there were a few things with it
that I noticed.  First, when we backed down to NM 0.6.4 for FC-6 this
summer, I probably should have backed down the NM-vpnc package to 0.6.4
as well, adding the epoch.  We're already shipping a CVS version and its
just coincidental that it works with NM 0.6.4.  Future versions likely
will not.  Second, do you happen to recall where the bug with the group
password patch was filed?  I can pull it upstream but having looked
through gnome and RH bugzilla quickly I can't find it.

Dan