Adventure games interpreters suitable for FE?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 16:52:33 UTC 2006

On 12/9/06, Andrea Musuruane <musuruan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Il giorno sab, 09/12/2006 alle 07.49 -0500, Matthew Miller ha scritto:
> > On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 12:19:51PM +0100, Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> > >     I am wondering if adventure games interpreters are suitable for FE
> > > inclusion.
> >
> > Are the ones you're thinking of useful at all without proprietary content?
>
> Scottfree can play Scott Adams' adventure games and Brian Howarth's
> Mysterious Adventures.
>
> Scott Adams' are shareware and can be downloaded from
>
> http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archiveXscott-adamsXgamesXscottfree.html
> http://www.msadams.com/downloads.htm
>
> Brian Howarth's are freely downloadable also from
>
> http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archiveXscott-adamsXgamesXscottfree.html
>
> The notice in the archive file just says: "Brian Howarth gave his
> permission to upload the games to the IF Archive."
>
> Now that the status of the games should be clear, what about the
> interpreter? Is it OK to package it for FE?
>
> BTW, Scottfree was distributed along Red Hat Linux at least until
> version 5.2.

? Was it in powertools? I remember that we had to drop one of the
interpreters because of permissions not being clear. If there are
completely free games available I would attach one of those as a
'wad'. Hmm I think there was some program that actually wrote games
for the interpreters.. does anyone know about it..