pygame (Re: (2/2) Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras - 2006-12-10)

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sun Dec 10 21:56:21 UTC 2006

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 12:18:35 -0800, Christopher Stone wrote:

> Okay, I did all this.  I don't know if the .i386 has to be manually
> removed?  If anyone wants to give another look/review of the current
> spec in devel please be my guest.

The changes won't help with multilib since you added

  Provides:       pygame-devel = %{version}-%{release}
  Provides:       python-pygame-devel = %{version}-%{release}

which creates *two* virtual -devel packages. This doesn't eliminate
pygame-devel.

Further, your pygame main package now requires several -devel packages
just because of the tiny C API for pygame extensions. Any game based
on pygame now requires -devel packages! Is any pygame extension in
Fedora Extras yet? Does any other package BuildRequires pygame-devel
yet?