(1/2) Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras - 2006-12-11

Tim Jackson lists at timj.co.uk
Tue Dec 12 08:13:32 UTC 2006

Rex Dieter wrote:

> OK, who was the bozo that yanked fltk from the repo without giving anyone a
> chance to jump in and fix it first?  (:

Michael, whilst you did do the right thing in taking fltk out of the
repo as it has been orphaned for quite a while, it would have been great
if you could have dropped a mail to the list if only to say "I've killed
fltk" - it would have saved some time trawling through CVS etc. to
figure out what broke. Or alternatively if you had warned in advance you
were going to do it (and maybe even grepped for BR's, though I
appreciate this takes more of your time), I'm sure someone else with
deps on it would have picked it up, saving the need to take it out at
all. Just something to consider for the future. Thanks.

Tim

p.s. I do know that fltk was listed here as orphaned a while back, but
at the time I didn't have any deps on it...