clement is a yum repository?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Dec 15 15:31:25 UTC 2006

Le Ven 15 décembre 2006 15:33, Warren Togami a écrit :

>> Agreed, that's why I strongly dislike cvs-import.sh for anything else
>> other than the first import. I'd like to forbid using it for everything
>> else, but I know people like to use it. Maybe we should enhance it so it
>> displays the cvs diff with less before the actually commit? Sure, people
>> still can ignore it, but its still better than nothing.
>
> Before checking *ANYTHING* in I personally always use cvs diff, and
> manually look over everything before the actual checkin.
>
> Do you?
>
> (not thl, everyone)

I use cvs-import.sh, but my workflow starts with a fresh devel make srpm,
and I usually diff at least the new spec file with the version in older
branches (both to check if it can safely be imported there and review my
changes)

I dislike direct cvs access because people have been known to forget
tagging the files they're worked on consistently, and as a result the
buildsys-produced packages do not match what they've tested localy. Maybe
switching from CVS will change this, but right now cvs-import.sh is the
only way to produce well-defined changesets IMHO.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot