clement is a yum repository?

Jean-Marc Pigeon jmp at safe.ca
Fri Dec 15 16:58:01 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 22:43 -0800, Curtis Doty wrote:
> Why exactly does this clement email proxy get to elect itself as a yum
> repository complete with "trusted" gpg key and packages not signed by the
> extras build system?
>
> Even worse, it appears to be broke.

	Sorry I was not on the loop, I am am the clement
	designer/maintainer.

	So If I goofed, I take the blame.

	According my understanding of Clement thread, seems there
	is 2 issues.

	1) Why there is a repo defined within clement?.
	I defined it (before clement was included within extras),
	such if was easier for me to support site where
	clement was installer (customers of mine).
	Is it a good idea?, yes (may be no), such I set a clement
	repo link to "enable=0" and user can take the very last
	version from our site (conceptually seems no really different
	than somebody taking a tar file and upgrading from a
	master site).
	Right, problem the repos definition doesn't fit very well
	as we include distribution tag within the repo (we support
	many clement distribution (RH7.3 -> FC6, CTOS, MV2006, ....).
	I am ready to listen to peer suggestion about this, but
	I think a sysadmin should be able to reach the very last
	version (bleeding edge) in more convenient way than
	going to a web site. In same time I do not think extras
	should have a potentially not stable version included.

	2) The way I updated the FC6 with 2-1.241 was rather "blunt".
	Sorry about this, My purpose was to have the same (stable)
	version in devel (FC7) and FC6.
	According my quick reading of comment about this subject
	I should had update the tar file and check CVS diff....
	Ok, my fault.

	So then:
	What is the best course of action to me clean my mess?

--
A bientôt
Jean-Marc Pigeon                                     Internet: jmp at safe.ca