compat-guile-devel conflicts with guile-devel

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Dec 17 11:21:12 UTC 2006

Jason L Tibbitts III schrieb:
> TL> /me would feel way saver if we could maintain a detailed list of
> TL> situation like this where conflicts might be okay;
> I don't think we have a detailed list of such situations.  We'd have
> to evaluate a bunch of possibilities first, and that work hasn't been
> done.

I thought about it some more: I don't think it's worth the work
investigating all the (un)acceptable usage cases for Conflicts now, as
it would be a lot of work. Maybe the easiest thing would be to over time
maintain and enhance a list of (un)acceptable usage cases for Conflicts
in the wiki. But the Packaging Commitee members and/or Sponsors simply
should be allowed to update it without much trouble; getting a ACK for
each litte update of this list from FESCo or the Packaging Committee is
IMHO to much overhead/to complicated...

CU
thl