Possible wxWidgets-2.8 problem (rawhide)

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon Dec 18 19:29:14 UTC 2006

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 05:06:20PM +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:
> FWIW, I tried rebuilding the latest VLC against the first wxGTK 2.8
> packages in Rawhide, and it also failed miserably (don't remember the
> error from the top of my head), while it compiled fine with 2.6 on FC6.
> So the announced compatibility doesn't seem to live up to its
> expectations, unless this timer option was the catch ;-)

It's very likely there's some other module which was enabled before which
isn't now. There's a whole lot of not-enabled-by-default modules, and I'm
not sure which are disabled for a reason and which are just considered
optional for some reason or another. So if you find something you need,
lemme know.