Converting from .a to .so

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 00:42:07 UTC 2006

On 12/24/06, Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hence the answer to the original post is: Talk to upstream!

upstream is currently working on version 4 of the netcdf library which
will be merding hdf5 and netcdf together. The new library is in alpha
and unfortunately is not stable enough for me to maintain inside
fedora. I wish I could, I'd very much like to maintain and  use the
python-netcdf4
module as part of fedora based work.

But my other suggestion stands libnc-dap  is designed to be a call for
call replacement for the netcdf version 3. It might be much more
beneficial to start linking all fedora space items against libnc-dap
instead of netcdf.  I'm already working on building ScientificPython
against libnc-dap as a test

-jef