FESCo Meeting Logs 2006-12-21

lonely wolf wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Thu Dec 28 07:58:31 UTC 2006

On 12/28/2006 09:34 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>
>>  * clement issue: Package has not been updated yet.  We'll step in and
>> fix it after the meeting.
>>   * rdieter to take a "No yum repo files in packages" rule to the
>> Packaging Committee.
>
> No repository files of any package manager including Yum. Apt and
> Smart would be a better rule.
+1 on not allowing automatic placement of repo files (of any package
manager) to be placed in their default location.

However, I think that a %doc including them (+ clear mentioning this in
a README.FEDORA) would be nice. Especially since one can do yum -c
/path/to/said/repo. I admit that I am lazy and I prefer this solution to
reading README.FEDORA and then downloading the config file from the
packager/upstream site. Especially since in the last case I would be
tempted to place the downloaded file in /etc/yum.repos.d (or wherever it
belongs depending on manager.)