Announcing FEver - an upstream tracking system

Michał Bentkowski mr.ecik at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 09:39:48 UTC 2006

06-12-27, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> napisał(a):
> I like the idea. Perhaps instead of the wikipage, would it make more
> sense to have the list of packages for FEver to watch be housed in the
> Extras CVS as a module? Would that scale out better than the wikipage.
> I'm concerned that if this becomes extremely popular that the wikipage
> as it is will become horribly too long.

It doesn't look like a problem; in my opinion wiki page makes it
easier to add new package to FEver, the better solution would be
separate it from the main page and put into e.g. FEver/Packages page.

> Are you talking to the infrastructure team, can this be incorporated
> into what they are working on for new tools?

Probably it can, but I did nothing with that so far.

> Can this be used to watch for new update rpms? Let's say I maintain
> package foo in Extras that depends on bar in Core. Can I use FEver
> (with appropriate modifications if needed) to watch for a new bar
> package in the published core updates or updates-testing and write a
> bugzilla report against foo in Extras to inform me of the new update?

It seems to me that it could be done but it's not what I expect FEver
to be. It may be done as another project ;-)

--
Michał Bentkowski
mr.ecik at gmail.com