FESCo Meeting Logs 2006-12-21

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Dec 28 12:32:52 UTC 2006

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 01:04:46PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>
> > * clement issue: Package has not been updated yet.  We'll step in and
> >fix it after the meeting.
> >  * rdieter to take a "No yum repo files in packages" rule to the
> >Packaging Committee.
>
> No repository files of any package manager including Yum. Apt and Smart
> would be a better rule.

BTW there are exactly two other packages other than fedora-release
which legitimately carry repo information: fedora-package-config-{smart,apt}.

Of course the repos in there are exactly the same as in the yum repos,
just translated in their syntax (as much as applies to these
depsolvers at least).

Perhaps one day all repo config will make it in one fedora-repo-config
package.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net