Wiki-Update (Was: Re: How to update the package?)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Feb 2 10:13:22 UTC 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 01.02.2006, 22:46 -0800 schrieb Ankit Patel:
> --- Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net>
> wrote:
>

> > Le Jeu 26 janvier 2006 13:44, Ankit Patel a �crit
> :
> >
> > > So,
> > >
> > > Here are the Final steps :-
> > > 1 ./cvs-import.sh -b <branch_name> -m "import
> > Joe's
> > > update" ~/bar-2.1-1.src.rpm
> > > 2 cd ../<branch_name>
> > > 3 make plague
> > >
> > > Correct me if i am wrong again !
> >
> > That's what works for me.
> > You have to use dist carefully to avoid collisions
> > though
> >

> Finally, i have updated the fedoraproject wiki page.
> Here is the link for that:-
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/UsingCvsFaq#head-c4a59abbe737f54d05eecdce17583c5547fee73d
>
> Can somebody please look at it and modify if there is
> any mistake?

Ankit, I modified this part a bit, added a warning why I think this
method is wrong and created a better example for the IMHO correct way to
handle updates.

Note: I added one thing to your example (besides some minor changes).
You should make a fresh checkout with "make srpm", that you install,
modify and commit.

If you only update your local version and commit that one it might
happen that you accidentally delete modifications or updates of your
package that someone else did in cvs. That does not happen often, but
happened in the past now and then.

CU
thl