Please help comment on hdf/netcdf compatability

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Feb 3 20:55:25 UTC 2006

I maintain hdf 4.2r1 in FE.  I'm running into an issue with
compatibility with netcdf.  By default, hdf provides the netcdf api as
well, unless compiled with -DHAVE_NETCDF.

I also maintain gdl, which can be linked against both hdf and netcdf,
but I get complaints.  I don't know if gdl can use the netcdf API in the
hdf library or not - looking into it (if you know, tell me!).

Those of you who use both, what would you like to see?

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222