Shortlog from todays fesco meeting

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Feb 7 17:35:36 UTC 2006

Am Montag, den 06.02.2006, 20:00 +0000 schrieb Jose' Matos:
> On Thursday 26 January 2006 20:55, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > * Encourage more Extras reviews
> >
> >  Create special interest groups?
> >
> >  Input needed!
>
> I saw this page: http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs but I did not
> saw any discussion about it here. Am I missing any email messages? :-)

Well, currently it's in the state "FESCo and some other people liked the
idea and agreed in the meeting to start the SIG's, but nobody was
selected for the task and until now nobody stepped up to work out the
details." In fact Ignacio started the work in the wiki, but I don't know
if he or anybody else is working on the details.

BTW, the Summary from the meeting and the explicit "Input needed!" are
meant to start a discussion between people that are interested.

> I would like to see also defined the precise roles of SIG's. [...]

Well, this is your (and everybody else) chance to influence how SIG's
should work and to get further involved in Fedora Extras ;-) Post to
this list how you think that it should work. A fl^H^H^H discussion will
probably evolve and some things may need to be adjusted to make most
people happy.

In case you want to discuss some parts with FESCo or want a "official"
blessing add the proposal and a list of things where you think a
official word/discussion from FESCo is needed to
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/SIGs
Send the text to this list afterwards and CC me. I'll take care of it in
the next FESCo-Meeting then.

But I don't think we need involvement from FESCo for everything and each
and every detail-- a discussion on the list and going ahead in a way
that makes most people that participated in the discussions happy should
be enough normally.

BTW, somebody suggested in #fedora-extras that we should start a QA-SIG.
Guys, what do you think about this idea?