Please rebuild your packages in the development tree of Fedora Extras

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Feb 14 09:13:35 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, den 14.02.2006, 09:58 +0100 schrieb Ralf Ertzinger:
> Hi.
>
> On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 07:20:18 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
> > You forget that we have some packagers that live in parts of the world
> > where internet bandwidth is costly. I suspect that each rebuild for
> > devel with mock will download 300 - 750 MByte. To much for those
> > packagers afaics.
>
> In this light it is obviously better to upgrade each and every package
> to make everyone download everything again, right?
>
> Personally I do not mind rebuilding or downloading, but the bandwidth
> argument does not really fly here.

I IMHO does -- if you use Fedora Extras development you have to use
rawhide. And those that use rawhide know that they'll have to download a
lot of stuff frequently anyway. The three mass-rebuild and the frequent
updates there probably create a lot more traffic for the users than the
one mass rebuild in extras.

CU
thl