Blend Fedora Objectives (was Re: Again: EOL Policy for Fedora Extras)

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Sun Feb 19 05:22:37 UTC 2006

Nicolas Mailhot (nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net) said:
> I say create a FEL team. It will fly or sink. Either way users and
> maintainers will know what to expect. Sometimes life is tough. That's no
> reason to play the ostrich.

I agree; right now, there is *nowhere* for people to know how long FEx
will have updates pushed, and there are various issues that simply
cause confusion:

- divergent policies betwee Core and Extras
- if it's at maintainer discretion, it's divergent policies *within* Extras

Eventually, I think Core and Extras need to converge, and things like
legacy support (or however you want to term it) would need to be part
of that.

Bill