Extras Lists Transition Plan

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Feb 27 18:38:50 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 13:07 -0500, Warren Togami wrote:

> During the last FESCO meeting we decided to split fedora-extras-list in
> order to better modularize discussion and communication within the
> Extras project.  fedora-extras-list alone cannot support further growth
> in this quickly growing project.  fedora-extras-list will be split into
> multiple lists, some of which will be mandatory for contributors to
> subscribe, and others will be optional but recommended.

[snip: list of more new lists]

> Anybody see any huge problems here?  I'm going ahead with this plan
> sometime in the next day or two.

Hi folks,

I'd like to see fewer lists, not more.  As a part-time volunteer its
already an effort to keep track of the new things going on.

Or am I somehow missing out on the benefits of a MUA with perhaps more
folders and better message filtering or something...?  How you folks
handle the daily onslaught of email?  Do more lists make it easier for
you?  And, if so, how?

Anyway, thats just my $0.02 and I may certainly be in the minority on
this issue!

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD