Best way to help a maintainer?

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 10:57:37 UTC 2006

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

> Every Extras contributor can maintain every package (time
> notwithstanding), but there's also the reluctance to step on other
> people's toes since there is a loosely-defined concept of "package
> ownership" in Extras.

OK, so a good approach would by trying to get the blessing of the
"owners" in question?

2nd question, as I'm not an existing maintainer, and not bringing a new
package to the party, and therefore have no "normal" route via fedotra
account, cvs access, sponsorship, reviews etc, does this make it
difficult to become a maintainer? Or should I try to find "an easy"
package to bring into extras and do it that way?