FE package status Thu Feb 2 2006

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 21:39:32 UTC 2006

On 2/2/06, Christian.Iseli at licr.org <Christian.Iseli at licr.org> wrote:
> We have 80 packages not available in extras devel:

Can you explain how are you producing this list?

I think perhaps you need to seperate items which are not available in
both devel and latest release from those which are not available just
in devel... it might help in the determination of the underlying
package state and whether this is just a janitorial issue or if there
is a build problem that needs to be investigated by interested
contributors.

Several things sort of jump out as odd...
initng  is in the list why?  This hasn't even passed review and I dont
see it in the owners list

There are several things that aren't even built for fc4 in your list.
Either they are orphaned or they are no longer needed and have been
replaced by other functionality

freenx and nx are in the list why?  These have cvs entries but aren't
even built in the fc4 package tree afaict.   Are we even sure this
passed review? Was this ever built in FE?

wxPython is in the list why? wxPythonGTK2 now exists which provides wxPython
Its not in fc4 either.
repoquery -q --provides wxPythonGTK2
wxPython = 2.4.2.4-7
wxPythonGTK2 = 2.4.2.4-7

gnome-applet-netmon.. not currently build for fc4 either.. was this
ever built inside FE?

-jef