ScriptletSnippets: desktop-database,mimeinfo

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sat Feb 4 03:03:00 UTC 2006

Enrico Scholz wrote:

> There is a difference between Requires(post): and a plain Requires:. The
> first statement guarantees that the cache will be created, the latter
> might miss to create it.

Not if gtk2 run gtk-update-icon-cache in its own %post.  (-:

> Just for completeness (it is stated from the bugreport):
> A cronjob which updates content under /usr regularly, sounds like a
> really bad idea to me.

It wouldn't update content regularly, but only when new rpms (that
include icons) are installed.  The content update is only, at most,
being delayed from when the pkg is installed, to when the cron.daily (or
whatever) task is run.

I completely agree with you that the icon-cache should be in /var or
/var/cache somewhere, but I suspect that's not something that we'll see
soon (if ever).

> Else, are you sure that all possible icon-directories can be enumerated
> in this way?

Not 100%, but it's at least a start, and can easily be incrementally
expanded or improved upon.

-- Rex