SIGs (Was: Shortlog from todays fesco meeting)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Feb 7 18:32:33 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, den 07.02.2006, 12:08 -0600 schrieb Jason L Tibbitts III:

> I don't think it would be necessary to enforce any kind
> of structure, although if a SIG goes dead there should probably be a
> procedure for deleting it.

Well, I agree mostly. But some questions maybe should be discussed once
(and the answers should be written down somewhere in the wiki):

- How to get in contact with a SIG
- What do SIGs do? And what not?
- Do we need mailinglists?  IRC-Channels?
- Should SIG's have a leader ?
- How can FESCo contact a SIG(-leader)?
- Who coordinates the SIG creation? I think we shouldn't have more then
10 or 15 groups. And we probably all don't want a "GNOME Games written
in python SIG"
- That's a good example: If I have a gnome game written in python: Which
SIG do I contact in case of problems: The Gnome, Python or Games SIG?
(Okay, common sense should normally be enough to answer this question,
but I bet that we'll see such a question on this list sooner or later)