FC4: %fedora_useradd undefined from rpm install

jfontain at free.fr jfontain at free.fr
Mon Feb 13 12:53:31 UTC 2006

Quoting Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael at gmx.net>:

> On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:24:39 +0100, jfontain at free.fr wrote:
>
> > Quoting Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael at gmx.net>:

> > > Unless my memory plays tricks on me, there has never been an RPM
> > > macro for fedora-usermgmt tools. You're looking for:
> > >
> > >   /usr/sbin/fedora-useradd
> >
> > Then the http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/UserCreation page needs an
> > update.
>
> In my understanding the page only discusses the pros and cons of
> possible "useradd" techniques in rpms. Hence the "Advantages" and
> "Disadvantages" sections. I don't read it as a HOWTO.

Understood, thanks.
As packager, what am I supposed to do, especially when the following fails:

# /usr/sbin/fedora-useradd -u 23 -M -d /srv/moomps -c 'service companion to
moodss'  -s '/sbin/nologin' moomps
Usage: useradd [options] LOGIN
  -b, --base-dir BASE_DIR       base directory for the new user account

Tracing the script, the following is executed:
exec /usr/sbin/useradd 300 23 -M -d /srv/moomps -c 'service companion to moodss'
-s /sbin/nologin moomps

Is anybody using this?

--
Jean-Luc