Please rebuild your packages in the development tree of Fedora Extras

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Feb 14 05:47:47 UTC 2006

Am Montag, den 13.02.2006, 23:02 +0100 schrieb Ralf Corsepius:
> On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 19:55 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:22:42 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > > Most noarch packages probably would work fine without a rebuild and
> > > won't have a benefit from the new gcc security features. But we know
> > > that some noarch package are broken due to changes in rawhide -- we'd
> > > like to catch and fix those. And we want to make sure that a package
> > > still has a active maintainer while at it.
> > It's still short-sighted, since
> This whole undertaking is short-sighted. Anything but a dep-ordered
> built will result into similar disorder as we have now.

Well, I also think a build in dep-order would be better. But nobody
showed up with a *concrete* plan how to do it --  there were only rough
ideas but nobody worked out the details in time.

And before we don't do a mass build I prefer that we do it this way.

> Also, FESCO, why aren't you able to launch such are mass rebuild
> yourself

Most people attending to the meetings suggested a
"rebuild-by-maintainer" solution. That was done then.

> in at least "manually, semi-sorted" order like RH seems to be
> doing it? [...]

RH uses a the alphabetical order by the package name afaik -- I don't
see any benefit from that ;-)

CU
thl