Packaging review guidelines clarification

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Thu Feb 16 05:02:21 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

I'm reviewing a package that builds on FC4 but not on devel due to
recent GCC issues.  According to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ReviewGuidelines :

  "MUST: The package must successfully compile and build into
   binary rpms on at least one supported architecture."

but, unfortunately, this says nothing about *which* version(s) of FC
should be used.  I think "one supported architecture on either
FC-current or FC-devel" would be appropriate but thats just my opinion.
And I could appreciate the reasoning behind "must build on FC-devel"
since its where all FE packages are initially imported.  So would
someone (Spot?) please clarify?

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD