goffice upgrade notice

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Feb 16 22:52:58 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I've just had a trainride home from work and thus had the time to think
about this and I've come to the same conclusion as Bill Nottingham in
reply to my previous post on this:

Even though upstream shouldn't have unnecessary changed the soname,
patching the newer version to keep the old soname is a _bad_ idea, this
will cause problems with non FE prebuilt binaries and packages from
other repos.

Also since there really are no changes only bugfixes in this new
release, fixen any broken deps will require just a rebuild and since
we're already doing the rebuild limbo I'll add goffice in the mix :)

Thus I'm pushing a new goffice asap, with a new soname. AFAIK besides
gnumeric wich will get pushed immediatly after goffice there are no
packages depending on this, if there are:
-a rebuild will be nescesarry (sorry)
-please let me know, for future reference

Regards,

Hans