Please rebuild your packages in the development tree of Fedora Extras

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sat Feb 18 12:43:35 UTC 2006

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Hello Hans, Zoltan, everybody else.
>
> Am Freitag, den 17.02.2006, 22:32 +0100 schrieb Zoltan Kota:
>> On Fri, 17 Feb 2006, Hans de Goede wrote:
>>> It seems to check the wrong time/date though, its listing a few of my
>>> packages which have all been rebuild, take Glide3 as an example from the
>>> changelog:
>>> * Mon Feb 13 2006 Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> 20050815-3
>>> - Bump release and rebuild for new gcc4.1 and glibc.
>>> - add %%{?dist} for consistency with my other packages
>> Same for me (Feb 13). Packages: recode, python-bibtex, pybliographer.
>
> Well, I had to define a point in time *somewhere*. I took the obvious
> one: The time when I announced the mass rebuild. The exact one. I know
> that the rawhide push with the results from the mass rebuild was done
> some hours earlier, but it also takes some time until it hits the
> buildsys afaik. Yes, that was Feb 13, but to be precise it was:
> $ date --date='2006-02-13 18:22:00 CET' +%s
> 1139851320

The obvious time would be 13 feb 00:00 UTC, quoting yourself from:
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meeting-20060209

"Packages not rebuild before the 12th of February will be removed before
FC5 is shipped to start with a clean tree with old cruft removed"

This is what I took as "start the rebuild on or after the 12th" since
there was an extra core rebuild I waited for this to complete, I started
my rebuilds after receiving the last rawhide changes mail for the core
rebuild. I don't know what the time is between the rawhide changes mail
and the buildsys picking up said changes though.

Regards,

Hans