[Fedora-packaging] Re: PLEASE HELP - We need a policy for preventing man page name conflicts

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Mon Feb 20 14:46:02 UTC 2006

>> I suggest efforts would be better directed at fixing the real problem -
>> i.e. the library namespace.
>>
> This doesn't work - Check the Inventor and Coin2 examples I tried to
> point you to.

I haven't looked at that issue, but the original poster referred to the
bug I filed (allegro-devel vs ncarg-devel),
which, as far as I can tell is caused by poor API practices, not by one
package cloning another.

I guess in your case the situation is different, and a solution at the
packaging level would be needed.