deciphering a build failure

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Mon Feb 20 22:52:03 UTC 2006

Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> I'm having a build failure that I can't decode, and I guess there may be
> something wrong with either mock or the ppc1 setup (that builds the
> noarch packages).
>
> http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/build-status/job.psp?uid=4947
>
> Could someone take a look? My best guess is bad FC-4 packages.
>
> roozbeh

This is weird.  There is no indication that yum exited with any errors,
yet the build stops.  At first I thought the following:

ls: readlink:: No such file or directory
ls: file: No such file or directory
ls: expected: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/dev/md1': No such file or directory

were relevant, but you find them in logs of successful builds.

The problem seems to have occurred between

Mon Feb 20 05:06:54 2006 (when the last FC4 job succeeded (4939:
dap-server-3.5.3-1.fc4)
Mon Feb 20 08:29:27 2006 (when this job failed)

At this point I think it points to the build systems.  I can't reproduce
in mock locally.

It might be boa though:

warning: user apache does not exist - using root
warning: group apache does not exist - using root

is new.

boa is not installed when I run mock locally.  why?

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222