Changing maintainer in general (WAS Re: Anjuta - change of maintainer)

Michael J Knox michael at knox.net.nz
Tue Feb 21 00:04:39 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 22:59 +0000, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am willing to take over the packaging of Anjuta for FE. I've bumped it
> to version 1.2.4 and applied a fix which should make it work happily
> under rawhide machines.
>
> Once I've tested the rpm, I will do the commit. As this is no longer
> 1.2.3, do I need to do anything special to have 1.2.3 removed so that
> only 1.2.4 is on the build sys?
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

This is great. I am a little disheartened over the whole orphaned taking
ownership process.

I asked sometime ago about this:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-January/msg01457.html

And got no response.

What is the process of a new comer to take ownership of a package?

I have a Fedora account, what else is needed?

Michael