FE Package Status of Feb 16, 2006

Christian.Iseli at licr.org Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Wed Feb 22 15:58:17 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

I produced a new package status, and tried to fix the reported bugs.  Summary
is in a separate mail.

fedora at leemhuis.info said:
> Quite long now. That's a bit problematic afaics. I really would like to have
> the important stuff more highlighted.

I agree, and welcome any propositions :-)

> For example, the stuff that really needs fixing (or at least needs a
> explanation why it's broken) should also be sent to the list IMHO. Or maybe
> directly to the E-Mail addresses listed. Maybe both. I mean the following
> sections:

Ok, tried to add those in the email.

> There are some other sections like
> - "Packages that have not yet completed review",
> - "Potential problems:
>    'We have X accepted, closed packages where I'm unable to find the
> package in the development repo'
>    and
>    'We have 8 accepted, closed packages where I'm unable to find the
> package in the owners file'"
> - "Some cleanup needed"
> - ...and maybe some other sections, too
>
> Those should be trivial to fix for the owners. They just needed to be
> poked by someone -- in an ideal world the script would do that directly.
> Christian, would that be possible?

I guess anything's possible :-)  I didn't see a big discussion about people
wanting to be poked by email, so before I go and make a nuisance of myself,
I'd like to be reasonably confident that it's a Good Thing(tm)

I also added a new section about maintainers, trying to highlight which one
might need a hand in fixing a large number of open bug reports, and those that
have not touched CVS in a long while, maybe indicating that they have
"disappeared" and their packages become orphaned...

Cheers,
					Christian