PPC (game) testing help needed

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Fri Feb 24 23:45:08 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've been working on the Linux port of a cool opensource dos game,
Worminator (3) . The port is complete and I'm planning on packaging this
for fedora soon (right after creating a webpage for it).

The problem is that the dos version used a couple of binary formats
which are just c-structs dumped to disk, since I wanted to keep
compatibility with this because I did not want to have to recreate all
the data / contents stored in this format I've kept these files as is.

I've written code which reads this structures one byte at a time and
then does the right thing with them this works on i386 and x86_64 and
should work on PPC too since this should be endian independent.

So now I wonder if someone could give this a try on PPC, I'm especially
interested in playing the included demo files and in saving / restoring
games and recording demos of you're self and playing these back.

Source is at:
http://home.zonnet.nl/jwrdegoede/worminator/worminator-3.0R2.1.tar.gz

The data is at:
http://home.zonnet.nl/jwrdegoede/worminator/worminator-data-3.0R2.1.tar.gz-split00
http://home.zonnet.nl/jwrdegoede/worminator/worminator-data-3.0R2.1.tar.gz-split01

Sorry I had to split the file because of size restrictions of my sucky
isp. Just concat them together:
cat worminator-data-3.0R2.1.tar.gz-split00 \
worminator-data-3.0R2.1.tar.gz-split01 \
 > worminator-data-3.0R2.1.tar.gz

And you get a regular tar.gz file again. Instructions for compiling and
install are in ReadMe.txt

Thanks for testing & Regards,

Hans