RPM %setup query

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 22:12:21 UTC 2006

On 2/25/06, Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 16:34 -0500, Michel Salim wrote:
>
> > I'm packaging zeroinstall-injector for Extras, and the upstream
> > tarball comes signed with GPG
> [...]
> > How can I tell %setup that it needs to do gpg --decrypt on the source
>
> Hm, I'm confused, the tarball is signed but you're running --decrypt?

Sure. if GnuPG is not told to create a detached signature, a .gpg file
is generated, and the file that was signed can be retrieved using
--decrypt.

> > Right now I'm calling gpg manually before %setup, moved the signed
> > tarball out of the way, rename the unsigned tarball to the original
> > name, run %setup and then restore the original signed tarball to its
> > original name.
>
> How about just:
>
>     %prep
>     %setup -c -T
>     # do whatever is needed $stuff to %{SOURCEx}

Ah, OK. I'm changing it to
%prep
# do stuff with %{SOURCEx}
%setup -D -T

To make use of %setup's sanitization of the extracted files. Thanks!

--
Michel Salim
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~msalim