Rebuild status of FE5 (Was: Re: Please rebuild your packages in the development tree of Fedora Extras)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Feb 26 18:54:08 UTC 2006

Am Sonntag, den 26.02.2006, 12:35 -0500 schrieb Josh Boyer:
> On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 19:22 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > Replies to fedora-extras-list please to avoid confusion.
> >
> > Small update:
> >
> > Anyway, here a complete list of packages that still need a rebuild. It
> > is also in the wiki now at
> > http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/FC5Status
> >

> > If there is a good reason why the package is not yet rebuild please add
> > a short note to the page. tia
>
> > chrisw_AT_redhat.com                        git-core                            0.99.9a-2.fc5
>
> Erm.. I think your script is slightly broken.  git-core has been rebuilt
> quite a bit because upstream releases a new version about once a week :)
>
> [jwboyer at yoda ~]$ rpm -q git-core
> git-core-1.2.2-1.fc5
> [jwboyer at yoda ~]$

Yep, it didn't catch this one because it was renamed -- git-core is
still at
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/SRPMS/git-core-0.99.9a-2.fc5.src.rpm
and the script does not check that it is obsoleted by
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/SRPMS/git-1.2.3-1.fc5.src.rpm

git-core-*.fc5.src.rpm probably should be removed. It not only confuses
my script, it is also useless afaics -- correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW, the latest version of the script attached.