Rebuild status of FE5 (Was: Re: Please rebuild your packages in the development tree of Fedora Extras)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Feb 27 05:52:23 UTC 2006

Am Sonntag, den 26.02.2006, 22:20 +0100 schrieb Hans de Goede:

> Patrice Dumas wrote:
> >> interest in fedora-extras? Or do they route mail from fedora-maintainers
> >> to /dev/null? Or did they unsubscribe from the list (iirc it is
> >> mandatory to be subscribed to fedora-maintainers if you maintain a
> >> package in extras. Or am I wrong here?).
> >
> > I haven't seen such a thing. It isn't even advertised in the wiki (if my
> > search in the wiki isn't wrong). I personaly think that fedora-extras-list
> > and fedora-maintainers should be merged (and bugzilla reviews should go to
> > another list to keep traffic on fedora-extras-list low). But I guess this
> > has allready been talked about previously... (and I'm gonna subscribe to
> > fedora-maintainers).
> + a zillion

I disagree ;-)

> I almost never (never say never) read the bugzilla generated mails, and
> I get confused about what to send to maintainers and what to send to
> extras-list.

Read the FESCo-Meeting summary from the last meeting:
----
 * separate extras-ml-list for bugzilla spam

  * We'll probably open fedora-extras-bugzilla-list and
fedora-extras-review-list. All contributors should subscribe to
-reviews.
----
fedora-extras-review-list -> review bugs
fedora-extras-bugzilla-list -> everything else related to Extras

fedora-extras-list should remain for general discussions about Fedora
Extras.

fedora-maintainers should stay for all maintainers (redhat and
community) that only want to maintain stuff, but don't what to be
involved with all the flamewars ^w discussions on fedora-extras-list.

Patrice, Hans, that okay for you?

CU
thl