Rebuild status of FE5 (Was: Re: Please rebuild your packages in the development tree of Fedora Extras)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Feb 27 09:46:11 UTC 2006

Am Montag, den 27.02.2006, 09:19 +0100 schrieb Hans de Goede:

> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, den 26.02.2006, 22:20 +0100 schrieb Hans de Goede:
> >> + a zillion
> > I disagree ;-)
> I know you would :)

:-)

> >> I almost never (never say never) read the bugzilla generated mails, and
> >> I get confused about what to send to maintainers and what to send to
> >> extras-list.
> > Read the FESCo-Meeting summary from the last meeting:
> > ----
> >  * separate extras-ml-list for bugzilla spam
> >   * We'll probably open fedora-extras-bugzilla-list and
> > fedora-extras-review-list. All contributors should subscribe to
> > -reviews.
> I think 2 bugzilla lists is a great idea, I see you say should subscribe
> to review-list so its not a must?

Undecided yet. I'm not sure where I stand. Maybe it should be a "must",
but we can't control people. So they maybe won't read it or send it
directly to /dev/null with procmail...
>[...]
> > ----
> > fedora-extras-review-list -> review bugs
> > fedora-extras-bugzilla-list -> everything else related to Extras
> >
> > fedora-extras-list should remain for general discussions about Fedora
> > Extras.
> >
> > fedora-maintainers should stay for all maintainers (redhat and
> > community) that only want to maintain stuff, but don't what to be
> > involved with all the flamewars ^w discussions on fedora-extras-list.

> I can see the logic in things, but in practice everything extras related
> that gets posted to maintainer also gets crossposed to maintainer

s/maintainer/extras/ here?

> , now
> if you stop doing that, assuming that all maintainers are (must be)
> subscribed to maintainers then thats fine.

Well, IMHO maintainers is a bit like an announce-list. Important things
for maintainers should be announced there, but discussions should happen
elsewhere (e.g. on extras-list in this case). Otherwise people will stop
reading that list and/or unsubscribe. But maybe that's just my opinion.

That wouldn't be a big problem if the Reply-To would work. See
'"Reply-To" Munging Considered Harmful' on

CU
thl