Extras Lists Transition Plan

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Feb 28 06:48:54 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 12:16 -0600, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > On Monday 27 February 2006 12:21, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> >
> >> * FE and FC should be treated as one entity, therefore the split you are
> >> proposing renders fedora-extras list superfluous, because the topics to
> >> be discussed on your future fedora-extras-list are already covered by
> >> fedora-list.
> >
> > I for one  have not been subscribed to fedora-list for at least a couple
> > of
> > years.  when the move from redhat to fedora happened  i quickly dropped
> > off
> > of fedora-list because of to much noise.  so I personally am not aware of
> > what happens there.
> >
> > I do think the proposed split is good.
>
> +1

Not address Josh in particular, just picking up his email:

Why? I'd presume you want
* to avoid having to read review requests?
* to avoid to see developers being involved into reviews?
* to shield packager's from user's and developer's opinions?

As I've said many times before, one effect of establishing more and more
mailing lists is "establishing gangs/closed circles" instead of widening
the audience - I can't find anything helpful in this.

Ralf