Security problems in Extras

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Jan 2 16:33:26 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 14:31 +0330, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> I was wondering where the policies for security-related problems in
> Extras are mentioned.

Probably nowhere.

> Currently, it seems that there are a few security bugs open for a while,
> with some of them (at least #169220, #169791, and #170045) needing
> attention.
>
> Also, one of the bugs (#175260) is private to Fedora Contributors only.
> Should this be followed for all such bugs?

I don't think it's necessary (nor good) to place any visibility
restrictions for security bugs that are 1) not FE specific and 2) have
been already disclosed in public elsewhere.  #175260 is (was?) under
investigation whether the fix needs to be revised, thus making it
potentially FE specific if the answer to that is "yes".