seeing config.log for a failed build

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Jan 3 17:37:00 UTC 2006

> Are there any other files (like config.log) that are almost certainly
> going to be there for most packages that should be picked up as well?

I don't know, but maybe it could be possible to give a list of files that
should be preserved during the build? It is not obvious that such a
feature is really worth it, because it would imply a way to communicate
this list to the buildsys. A file checked in CVS seems to me the best
choice. The drawback is that it implies lots of cvs commits when the files
kept are changed to debug something. Another issue is that the build
directory structure should be kept for those files.

--
Pat