HOWTo debug ppc-builds? was: Some more BZ cleanups and comments

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jan 9 16:36:05 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 18:53 +0300, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> Could anyone help me to find out what exactly wrong with PPC-build?

It uses some bizarre crap of its own instead of C99 types, and the
gratuitous platform-specific ifdefs have '__ppc__' instead of
'__powerpc__' so don't work on PPC.

That much ought to be fairly obvious just from the build.log and looking
at the code. The quick fix is s/__ppc__/__powerpc__/ in
chmlib-chm_lib_c-ppc-patch.diff but the correct fix is to make it use
proper types and get rid of all the ifdefs.

> Chmlib builds fine at x86 and x86_64 achs. Maybe there is a way for
> contributor to gain ssh-access to powerpc-based system or something of
> that kind? I can't find out anything about this at FE-wiki.

Mail me a SSH key if you need access to a PPC machine.

--
dwmw2