Some BZ cleanups

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh at farsiweb.info
Mon Jan 9 18:39:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 13:15 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> Logic fault.... The submitter would still have to correctly indicate
> they need a sponsor no matter what mechanism was used to make it
> easier to find reports that needs sponsors. You can still have the
> situation where the submitter forgets to indicate they need a sponsor.

Not if http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Contributors and
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/NewPackageProcess point to two
slightly different forms.

The NewPackageProcess page points newbies in large and friendly letters
to the Contributors page, and I believe first-timers who'll still choose
to follow the NewPackage process, will already be in some trouble.

>  Having a different assignee or a different blocker bug when people
> submit only aids in finding those bugs later. The submitter still has
> to correctly submit the bug as a "needs sponsor" submission to prevent
> wasted effort.

Well, the submitter usually clicks on a link instead of entering the
bugzilla form's URL directly. We only need to make sure that first-time
submitters use the first link, with the already-sponsored people's link
only linked to from somewhere more hidden in the wiki.

roozbeh