Tracker bug for packages from people searching for sponsors (Was: Re: Some BZ cleanups)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 19:04:38 UTC 2006

On 1/9/06, Christian.Iseli at licr.org <Christian.Iseli at licr.org> wrote:

> fedora at leemhuis.info said:
> > why not a tracker bug "FE-NEW-LOOKING-FOR-SPONSOR" ?
>
> I kinda like to have all the packages waiting for review in one tree.  I worry
> a bit that, if there are two trees, the ones in the "NEED-SPONSOR" tree will
> get less reviews.

You have the bug block against 2 trackers at the same time if we
wanted all the new request to show up in FE-NEW. The blocker bug entry
takes a comma seperated list of bugnumbers.  So you could have a form
for new submitters which pre-filled both FE-NEW and NEED-SPONSOR in
bugreports?   This way reviewers can still help brush up new
submissions from new submitters as they roll in to the FE-NEW blocker
and even claim co-maintainership status for them to help the package
into Extras without being the formal reviewer.  The submision form for
existing contributors would just pre-fill FE-NEW as a blocker.

This level of discussion is secondary implementation details.  The
important question is whether or not any implementation to seperate
the NEED-SPONSOR bugs is needed. I think its something to bring up for
steering committee agenda if enough sponsors think it would help them
deal with sponsorship request more efficiently.

-jef