Mono package policy

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 18:11:36 UTC 2006

As some of you may have noticed, mono (and packages depending on mono)
recently went into Fedora Core Rawhide. (Please don't ask me about the
why or how this happened, I'm not the right person)

The packaging policy for mono (and packages depending on mono) in Fedora
Extras for the moment is:

- that packages depending on mono will only be for development (FC-5) at
this time
- that mono will not be considered for inclusion in Extras for FC-3/FC-4
until FC-5 goes GOLD.

This policy is designed to get the kinks out of mono before we go
full-steam ahead in FC-3/FC-4 (also, an rpm errata for FC-3/FC-4 would
be needed).

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!