Kernel module permutation problems

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Jan 13 00:56:41 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 18:44 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Agreed. My vote: Only build for the newest one.

I agree. When there's a kernel update, a whole bunch of kernel modules
get updated. You don't get to pick and choose which of those you update;
it's all or nothing. I see absolutely no reason why that shouldn't also
be the case for external modules.

Perhaps there's a case for building once for old kernels when we first
add a kmod package to Extras -- but not for updates.

--
dwmw2