Kernel module permutation problems

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Jan 13 13:32:56 UTC 2006

Am Freitag, den 13.01.2006, 08:10 -0500 schrieb Jeff Spaleta:
> On 1/13/06, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> > Prove it please *with the new scheme*. Seems I'm to dumb to see the
> > problem (if there is any).
>
> Are there some mockup  kernel modules/userspace packages that use the
> new scheme.

The URLs were posted before in the other kmod-thread:

Two real-life examples can be found at:
Lirc; Userland (in addition to the lirc package in cvs; note this
practically results in three SRPMS for lirc -- the lirc-kmod-common part
was split out for other maintaining reasons, normally it should be a
subpackage of the normal lirc package)
http://cachalot.mine.nu/5/SRPMS/lirc-kmod-common-0.8.0-2.src.rpm
Kernel-Module:
http://cachalot.mine.nu/5/SRPMS/lirc-kmod-0.8.0-0.6.pre3.2.6.15_1.1819_FC5.src.rpm

Thinkpad; Useland:
http://cachalot.mine.nu/5/SRPMS/thinkpad-kmod-common-5.8-5.src.rpm
Kernel-Module:
http://cachalot.mine.nu/5/SRPMS/thinkpad-kmod-5.8-6.2.6.15_1.1819_FC5.src.rpm

And the last stuff from the discussion that is still considered a bit
experimental; But it's the one I'd like to use (if others agree) is
found here:
http://www.leemhuis.info/files/fedorarpms/SRPMS.fdr/lirc-kmod-0.8.0-0.7.pre3.2.6.14_1.1776_FC4.src.rpm

Ohh, and Jack Neely did some for openafs:
http://linuxczar.net/openafs/

> I'm more than happy to brutalize them as a user looking
> for unforseen problems.

Great!

HTH

CU