New Fedora Extras Steering Committee chair

Chris Chabot chabotc at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 14 14:46:53 UTC 2006

One thing i would love to see in Fedora Extra's portofolio of services
is a webpage with all the packages listed, plus their summaries, with a
click-thru to a full %description, download links for src.rpm, and links
for the various FC? releases they have been build for, and a link to the
%{url} of the package

Preferably with some intergrated wiki (like?) functionality where people
can describe more about the package, provide feedback, and usefull hints

Think freshrpm's meets repo's meets wiki. Would make for more of a
visible 'helpfull community' envirioment then just mailing lists (which
for many "Users" are a scary and unknown place) i think

Other thing i'd love to see is a good extra's intergration in Fedora, no
nice interface for it yet or intergration in the installation process,
but thats already WIP (work in progress) i think

	-- Chris