New Fedora Extras Steering Committee chair

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Sat Jan 14 15:11:04 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 15:46 +0100, Chris Chabot wrote:
> One thing i would love to see in Fedora Extra's portofolio of services
> is a webpage with all the packages listed, plus their summaries, with a
> click-thru to a full %description, download links for src.rpm, and links
> for the various FC? releases they have been build for, and a link to the
> %{url} of the package

you mean like this:
http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/

While it doesn't have the ability to annotate them I'm not sure how good
of an idea annotating the packages is anyway. I'd be afraid of having to
monitor all the spam and crap there.

> Preferably with some intergrated wiki (like?) functionality where people
> can describe more about the package, provide feedback, and usefull hints

feedback should go in bugzilla. useful hints might be valuable but again
- weighed against the spam?

-sv