Bunch of newly orphaned packages up for grabs

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Tue Jan 17 14:16:40 UTC 2006

Jose' Matos wrote:

>On Tuesday 17 January 2006 07:15, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>

>>Per Phillip Compton's ack, I've orphaned all the packages he used to
>>maintain in Extras.  More info:
>>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/OrphanedPackages?action=diff&rev2=185&
>>rev1=184
>>

>I would like to take fftw, since grace depends on it and I am maintaining it.

Does grace require fftw 2.x, or can it work with 3.x? The 3.x releases
of fftw are maintained by me in Extras as fftw3. I wouldn't mind seeing
the old one go away if nobody needs it and making fftw3 -> fftw. The
fftw 3.x series has been around for over 2 1/2 years. At what point does
it make sense to move the old fftw to a name like fftw2? Are there any
conventions for this sort of thing?

-Quentin